Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My BIG Break!

Oh man, oh man! So my parents are beyond wise.

I am still stranded up in Logan for a few more weeks tending small children from 3 to 6 and I got to brainstorming with my parents about morning time fillers and my dad suggested and demanded I place a call to the Herald Journal to see if they could use some free labor in the mornings. The next day there I sat in Lance Fraizer's office securing a half-internship!
I have now spent three days on the floor of the newsroom. I have typed up one wedding announcement, one park service notice, and one retirement! I have recently been assigned to cover a story about pet cemeteries which will be run sometime around Memorial Day. I will conduct an interview in the Heavenly Animals owner's living room which will probably be crawling with dogs and I will ask her penetrating questions about deceased pets as calm as I possibly can! Gotta start somewhere