Friday, April 23, 2010

Ann Cannon

As some of you may know I am a huge fan of Ann Cannon! She shared this darling little story on her blog a few days ago and just thought somebody out there might like it as much as I did! Hope all is well! Here goes Ann......

THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 2010

Back to the Future

Today Geoff and I had tacos at Rubios. Sitting next to us was a VERY beautiful well-dressed young mother with her adorable toddler son. As they prepared to leave he pointed to me and Geoff and said to her, "This is you twenty years from now." And then because I didn't want to scare her unnecessarily, I said, "Only you'll probably have cuter clothes."

She laughed. And then she looked at me. I mean really REALLY looked at me as though I were her own crystal ball. And I, of course, looked at her, filled with remembrance of small boys past.

"It goes fast, doesn't it?" she said finally. Gently. And I nodded.

Later, on the drive home, I cried a little, thinking of all of the craziness sweet and sad she has in front of her and how, in a heartbeat, I would take it all on again.

Only with cuter clothes.